Eva Kekou is an art and cultural studies theorist with a PhD and has been long involved in the research and practice of media art and locative media and wants to share some of her recent work in Urban Digital Narratives and do a talk about her work during the week of congress and at the end of it, run a relaxed one-day workshop (5 to 6 hours) in a Barcelona neighbourhood on Friday 2nd March to show digital narratives in action. In the workshop, up to 20 people will spend a day exploring a neighbourhood of Barcelona and transcribing narratives/experience through android applications.This is a new way to map cities through narratives in a digital era and a fun way to explore a new city using augmented reality and other mobile technologies. Sounds interesting huh?
So, what do we need to make this happen? Well we just need to cover Eva’s costs for travel and accommodation for the week. We think this would be about 800 Euros (well, assuming flight costs don’t increase significantly and we can find reasonably priced accommodation for her (and we think we can). And we need to cover the cost of a venue to hold the talk (unless someone can host this on their stand or other venue at no cost). So a guestimate total of 1200 Euros would more than cover it.
Eva is also looking for partners to collaborate with on her research in other cities and countries. Maybe there’s a university researcher in Barcelona who might be interested to connect?
Do you think you can help?
- Perhaps you’d like to sponsor this session and put your company name against it?
- Or do you have air miles going spare and would like to donate them to Eva.
- Maybe you can host the presentation session on your exhibition stand or meeting room?
- Can you welcome Eva into your home for the week as a guest or maybe you have a spare room going in your rented apartment that’s available Tuesday through Saturday?
- Or maybe you’d just like to contribute to the cause because it sounds like a good idea and you’d like to see the results?
- Or would you like to spend the Friday after Congress with Eva exploring the city in this way, in which case, buy a ticket.
- Can you offer Eva a ticket for Congress so that she can see the exhibition for herself and take the learnings back to her students and apply it to update her research?
- Eva is also looking for partners to collaborate with on her research in other cities and countries. Maybe there’s a university researcher in Barcelona who might be interested to connect?
If you think you can help in any way, please contact Eva directly by email.
If you would like to join the walking tour and workshop, please buy your ticket here. If we don’t manage to get Eva over to MWC, we’ll refund your money in full.
More about Eva and her work at the following links.