Music is a fundamental part of our lives, but gone are the days when teenagers spend hours in record shops ogling the latest releases from their favourite bands. The rise of digital music has been exponential and mobile is firmly part of that picture. From FM radio on feature phones to copying over your favourite music on MP3 files to your phone as well as the plethora of apps and streaming service, where is this all going and how on earth do you make any money from it?
In this panel of mobile sector and music industry experts, we’ll discuss the challenges and issues of being in the business of mobile music. The session will be chaired by mobile specialist at Openmarket, musician, DJ, producer and composer, Oisin Lunny.
Topics for discussion include:
- Which handset manufacturers and network operators have made a real success of mobile music?
- What have been the missed music business opportunities of the mobile consumer revolution?
- Streaming or download, what matters to the networks, the labels, and the consumers?
- What can the broader mobile industry learn from leveraging compelling media assets for customer acquisition, engagement and retention?
- International content licensing, opportunities, pitfalls & choosing the right partner
- What’s next for mobile music, our panel of experts look into the mobile music ecosystem crystal ball?
- Favourite apps, blogs and tools for mobile music discovery and their potential to make money
Stream or download the podcast below from our SoundCloud channel. Video of this session coming soon. Audio production by Mark Bridge at TheFonecast.com
About our sponsor
7digital is a leading digital music and content technology platform, and provides open access to the broadest catalogue of fully licensed, high quality digital music. The company powers comprehensive digital music services for consumers, developers and a wide range of partners around the world.
Through 7digital’s website (www.7digital.com), mobile applications and cloud locker technology, consumers can access over 22 million legal, high quality tracks and listen to their music on the device of their choosing. 7digital provides the complete music experience; discovery, organisation and purchase.
7digital’s global partner network includes Samsung, RIM, Toshiba, HP, Acer, HTC, T-Mobile US, Ubuntu, Shazam, Last.fm, Winamp, Songbird, HMV, Waterstone’s, Universal Music, EMI, Warner Music and Sony.