The second event was the first of four looking at The future of work in the context of four currently maturing technologies. We started off with a focus on Artificial Intelligence and were given a great overview by Benjamin Ellis of Redcatco. You can see his talk below and it’s well worth a look whether or not you work in the technology sector.
Discussions that followed included:
- What happens when the AI is wrong?
Social Machines (where/how/what)
- The social acceptability of AI decisions, even if they are better than human ones
- I want IRON MAN’s suit!
- AI & Regulation Self/Gov
- Are we driving AI… or does it drive us?
- Why AI? Are we creating stuff because we can or because it adds to the human condition or…?
- UIs How do we talk to them and them to us? How do they sell their ideas? Spectrum from Sound Hound to C3PO to HAL
- If a machine/AI does something bad (kills someone) who is responsible? The owner, the manufacturer, the programmer or the victim?
- What will we be using AI for in the next few years? What can I use it for now?
- Is AI artificial ie not human?
We finish each evening with a circle where we pass around an audio recorder to capture people’s immediate reactions. Have a listen over on Lloyd’s blog to get more of a feel for what it was like in the room.